It shall be the mission of the Manatee County Sheriff's Office to provide service
to the community and respond to crime in the best tradition of professional law
enforcement. In order to meet this objective, the following policy statements are
promulgated to serve as goals in the day to day operation of the agency.
The goal of the Manatee County Sheriff's Office is to provide for the safety and
security of the citizens and visitors of Manatee County, and to the greatest extent
possible, to fulfill the constitutional requirement to ensure domestic tranquility.
To attain that end, the agency seeks to:
- Provide a professional well-trained force of law enforcement and correction deputies
to assure the highest possible level of service
- Provide deputies with the equipment and administrative support necessary to fulfill
- Improve procedures and techniques, and utilize the most practical technology available
to quickly bring criminal offenders to justice.
- Administer information and education programs that will aid in the prevention of
- Serve as faithful stewards of public resources made available to achieve our goals,
and seek innovative means to maximize savings through efficient use of such resources.
- Maintain facilities for secure and humane detention of those persons awaiting trial
and for those sentenced to incarceration.
- Provide properly managed and conducted juvenile programs as contracted for, assuring
close adherence to standards established for such programs by the State of Florida.