The Manatee County Sheriff's Office is presenting a Teen Driver
Challenge Class on the following dates and times.
- May 14th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- July 16th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- September 10th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
- November 12th 2016 0800-1800 / 8:00AM-6:00PM
The students will be required to use their own vehicle during the training.
The Teen Driver Challenge consists of one training day totaling ten hours.
The first part of the day includes an hour block of instruction in the classroom,
followed by several hours on the driving pad.
Your teen should bring their lunch and plenty of water or drinks to stay hydrated.
Participants must attend both classroom and driving pad instruction to successfully complete the course.
The classroom block will cover topics related to:
- About the Driver
- Using your senses
- Knowing your vehicle
- Seatbelt use and occupant restraints
- Fatigued and impaired driving
- Distracted Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Vehicle operation
- Do’s and Don’ts of being stopped
The driving pad block of instruction will consist of the following exercises:
- Evasive Lane Change
- Figure 8
- Forward Serpentine
- Off Road Recovery
- Reverse Serpentine
The class will be instructed by MCSO Driving Instructors.
There is no cost to participate in the class.
However you must be a Manatee County resident
How to enroll:
- Click on the link FSA Teen Driver Challenge Forms
- Completely fill out and notarize all forms.
- Attach a copy of participants driver's license or learner's permit
- Attach a copy of valid insurance and vehicle registration
- Attach a copy of owner of vehicle driver's license
- MAIL TO:
Manatee County Sheriff's Office
Attn: Deputy Chuck Wise
14490 B Harlee Road
Palmetto, FL 34221
For more information, please contact Deputy Chuck Wise @ 747-3011 ext. 2732 or 2707
To open the form you will need to have Adobe reader installed on your computer.
This is free software and can be obtained by following this link;
You will receive an email confirmation reserving your seat in the class once required
documents are approved.
Recent Class Photo